Monday 8 March 2021

Wicken Fen

 I knew recent weeks have been busy but hadn't realised it's almost a month since I last posted to the blog!

Went to Wicken Fen over the weekend to catch some starling murmurations and those images will follow in a later posting.   The highlight was seeing a male Hen Harrier but sadly I didn't have the best shutter speed for it was the sunset had been holding my attention.   It was also great to capture a few Fieldfares and Greylag Geese in the evening light.


2 comments:

Brianhuman said...

The Hen Harrier shows the pale underside colouration beautifully.

I seem to have seen remarkably few Redwings and Fieldfares this year. Something to do with the comparatively mild winter, I guess.

Sue B-H said...

Not having been out on walks for quite a while, I've been delighted with seeing Redwings and Fieldfares this year. Hope to get some of them posted too.