Tuesday 20 March 2018

Reading Retreat, Sittingbourne, Kent

Between 6-9 March I was on a Reading Retreat in Kent and had a wonderful time.   Our accommodation was a refurbished Oast House, so several of us had a roundel bedroom!   We didn't lift a finger which left us with as many hours as we wanted to read!   I chose to have a reading prescription from Cressi Downing,(whose inspiration the Retreat is) and after lunch each day we went for a walk locally - but it was very muddy from the melted snow!   The last image is of the Reading Room (in which we didn't speak), and which I found very conducive to tucking myself away, by the window, for several hours at a time - TO READ!

"What a brilliant formula!   I have really enjoyed my stay with all its lovely and loving touches to make one feel spoiled and special".

No comments: