Monday 5 March 2018

Eastern Counties Golden Retriever Dog Show, Milton

I had taken some photographs at this event last year and enjoyed going again this year.   How judges make decisions when there are so many lovely dogs, I don't know!   I'm told there is a set of requirements against which a given breed is judged but it is clear that at the end of the day, subjectivity raises its head and rules the day.   Bit like club photography competitions really!

It is a busy scene with dogs in the ring and dogs waiting;  dogs content and dogs keen.   It must be said though the dogs did seem to be enjoying themselves.   The first image is included to show just how much colour is about and how congested it can seem when earnest conversation is taking place between the owners.   I've cropped quite heavily and converted to monochrome too - which in many ways I think I prefer, although I did find the dog in the first two images particularly attractive (and I'm told very shy).   I would have happily brought any of these home!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,
Good to see you have been out and about and are back on the blog. Lots of fine pictures - excellent birds and fascinated by your results of playing with lenses in the snowy back garden.
Brian

Sue B-H said...

It is good to be getting out to take photographs again: I just need to keep blogging them!