Saturday 27 August 2016

Sea cliff climbing in Pembrokeshire

In May I had a week in South Wales and did some exciting sea cliff climbing near Bosherston with friends.   I'm putting together a book of photographs to capture the time there and on the Gower Peninsula.   I've just sent the friends some photographs of them climbing so thought I might as well post them here too.

The first two photographs are of Nigel at the beginning of "Stennis Arete" which involved abseiling down towards the water, traversing round the corner before climbing up, out of sight of these photographs.   The middle images are of Barbara leading on "Rear Wind" which was a fantastic climb at the edge of my capability.

The last photograph is of climbers unknown who were engaged on a serious climb and the person belaying is caught in a shaft of sun light to add to the drama.

4 comments:

Brian Human said...

Lovely coast, but climbing looks scary. I hope someone has pictures of you showing how it should be done.

Extra pictures are nicely seen. Was they clever use of light luck, or were you patiently waiting and positioning yourself?

Sue B-H said...

Yes, I did entrust my camera to the Joneses so have a couple of photographs - but they are the experts in whom I put my safety on such occasions! And, yes, it was luck that the light fell as it did! I can't quite make out how the light fell in a shaft though.

Brian Human said...

I don't want to doubt your skill, but is it a fortuitous bit of lens flare?

Sue B-H said...

Ah, that could be the explanation!