Saturday 30 July 2016

Alongside The Cam - Clayhithe

I'm still not sure which Damselfly this is - Beautiful or Emerald.   Geographically it is more likely to be Emerald but from the Field Guide (courtesy of the Cambridge Camera Club when I concluded my year as President) it looks more like Beautiful because of the golden coloured wings.

I wish I could have seen more of this traction engine!   The only glimpse was from the footpath near the bridge at Clayhithe.   Its condition is immaculate.   Presumably there's a traction engine rally nearby.

The Canada goose is alright!    It had moved from this unusual position by the time the dogs and I were on our way back.


1 comment:

Brian Human said...

Hi Sue,

Two more good sets of images. You are right to be impressed with yourself for getting two kingfishers together.

I was thinking of you and your bird pictures the other day: the secondhand bookstall on the Market had a copy of Eric Hosking's autobiography 'An Eye for a Bird', a fascinating insight into the early days of bird photography and all so very different from today's digital age.

I like the steam engine too, actually complements the wildlife in you appreciation of colour.

Brian