Wednesday 13 July 2016

Local Wildlife


It has been a while since I last posted anything - even though there's plenty to post too!   I must have about two months' worth of photographs which include images from a recent week in Wengen - they will come!

Here are some photographs of wildlife taken locally since I got back.   I always enjoy taking photographs of birds - Common Tern, Buzzard and Crow.   Quite what the Crow has found to eat escapes me......



There aren't that many Field Poppies these days because of the way farmers eliminate 'weeds'.  Thankfully there are still some Campion too.


 Some insects too, but I can't identify those on the Thistle..............

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue,

Good new pics. Where are the terns nesting? Amazing display of poppies along Ickneild Way on Friday.

Brian

Sue B-H said...

There's a locked hide on the Research Park for which one can ask to borrow a key. I guess this Common Tern was nesting on a small island in the water in front of the hide, as a pair had done last year. One can't take dogs to the hide so I don't often get to check out what's to be seen.