Saturday 1 April 2017

Snettisham - not Knots

I went to Snettisham early yesterday morning in tribute to a friend with whom I had last visited Snettisham.   He died on Monday.

There will be photographs in the next post of Knot and Oystercatchers which in their tens of thousands passed overhead as the tide came in obscuring the mudflats on which they had been feeding.   In this posting are Black-Headed Gulls, Ringed Plovers (and I'm wondering if she is sitting), Oystercatchers, unusual Mallards and the closest I've ever been to a male Pheasant.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A nice taster for the forthcoming knots and oystercatchers. Good to see the ringed plovers - evoked happy times exploring the North Norfolk coast. If my memory serves me well, the white on the mallard is an albinistic trait that results from inbreeding, most often seen on birds resident in public parks and ponds. A very gay pheasant - it's easy to forget the wonderful plumage of some of our more common birds. Well, it is truly an exotic!