Saturday 4 June 2016

Lazy Otter

This morning's walk is evidence of just how wildlife is maturing since I last posted from this place.   The first image captures the watery nature of the walk and the misty weather earlier in the day.   Had not expected this boat to have a light on, but perhaps its journey had started in more misty conditions.   I enjoyed the light reflected in the water and was what I noticed first.

 The water lilies  are about to burst into full flower and the Great Crested Grebe had made a nest near by.   Although this Grebe's posture fooled me into thinking a mate might be close by, a second Grebe did appear after this adult had left the 'nest' and both seemed to go off independently.  I'm never sure why adult and juvenile Grebes hand a leg out the back at times.
   There were plenty of Whitethroats about, sometimes calling and sometimes quiet.   The lower two birds I think are Reed Warblers.
 I enjoy capturing Coot and Moorhen taking off - this is a Coot.
 An unusual poppy to find here, so perhaps it had been a seed from a garden poppy at some stage.
 This West Highland Terrier was enjoying 'being a dog' as it bounced its way towards us.........


No comments: