Friday 7 May 2010

Long tailed tits

I had the opportunity today to try out (again) a couple of telephoto lenses, just as I was about to order, I think, a 70-200 f2.8 Mk II lens plus x2 convertor! I'm glad I haven't placed the order, as the images I took at 400mm with a 100-400mm lens were noticeably (even on the LCD screen) sharper. None of these images is for a competition, but I thoroughly enjoyed taking them and learnt more again about telephoto photography.

The first three images were with the 70-200mm lens at 400mm (with the x2 convertor), the second three with the 100-400mm lens - again at 400mm. This natural history photography requires lots of patience! These small birds are rarely still when feeding young, occasionally hovering, and their calorie consumption must be huge.


No comments: