Wednesday 12 May 2010

Birds

I have been privileged to have the use of a range of telephoto lenses recently - and that has led to my now being the proud owner of my first telephoto lens - I took possession of it today! Here are a couple of photographs of birds I took first thing this morning using a loaned 100-400mm lens, handheld. Although they are not super images I was very impressed with the versatility of the lens and ended up seeing much more of the action once I had cropped the images drastically.



With the naked eye I hadn't been able to see the Yellow Hammer was singing, nor had I been able to see that there were two young Mistle Thrushes demanding food from a parent bird. What a delight my own 100-400mm lens will be. I can't wait to get out early tomorrow morning!

No comments: