Friday 1 April 2016

First Swallow Seen!

I know it's April Fool's Day, but I really did see a Swallow this morning at Bottisham Sluice!   I wish I could have taken a photograph of it as I think this is very early to have seen one.

Instead I focused on Polo ponies being exercised.   The ponies being ridden have bridles on while those being led have only head collars.  None of them are shod.   The first image shows the fourth pony from the right (skewbald or piebald) has slipped its leading rein and took a while to be caught.   There were three riders, two of whom had two ponies being led, and one had three ponies being led - until it was free!   Normality returned in due course and the exercise continued.




2 comments:

Ann Miles said...

I saw one in Lancaster on Thursday - very early indeed for the north!!!

Sue B-H said...

That is affirming!