Monday 7 December 2015

Coxes on The Cam

There was a different rowing event on The Cam on Friday morning which I chanced upon.   All The Bumps are rowed upstream with the mission to 'bump' the boat ahead before/without being 'bumped' from behind.   On Friday there was a timed event rowing downstream!   All the crews were 'eights' and at least one crew was from 'the other place' - Pembroke College, Oxford.

Here are photographs of some of the Coxes enthusiastically encouraging their crews to reach the finish line as quickly as possible.     Some of the rowing was ragged and splashy by this point!


By this time the crews had finished racing and were congregating 'alongside', down at Bait's Bite Lock.







3 comments:

Alison Rawson said...

Good to see my elder son being told to go faster!!
(Pic 2)1

Sue B-H said...

Alison, I'm assuming you are the Alison Rawson from the Cambridge Camera Club and you are probably as amazed as I am that you should have seen your elder son in a blog posting! Now you can tell me which crew he was in and what the rowing event was! Thanks for sharing the comment.

Unknown said...

Sue - Yes, that is me. I was a little surprised but as he and the other crews were sitting ducks for keen photographers in Cambridge, I wasn't completely taken aback! The event was called Fairbairns' Cup, my son (pic 2) seen from behind here is Stroke for Robinson College Mens' VIII.