Thursday 17 May 2012

Thetford Forest

Last weekend we took the van for an outing to see how our 'new' dog, Leo would cope not only with traveling in the van but also sleeping in it overnight.  In the event he was untroubled by the whole venture.   Encouraging for the summer I hope.

We stayed on a campsite with immediate access to Thetford Forest which the dogs and I enjoyed at each end of the day.

On the first evening I saw two deer which thankfully neither dog saw!   The one on the left is a Muntjac Deer and I think the lower one is a Roe Deer.
 


















First thing in the morning the sun was shining and throwing shafts of light through the trees - calming and atmospheric.

 

I really enjoyed hearing and seeing some more Blackcaps, and in different vegetation.

 
















On our way home we stopped at Lakenheath Fen and I was delighted to have heard a Bittern for the first time, but didn't see it to photograph.    Hobbies were about and although I don't have enough pixels in this image, I think it does capture what Hobbies do, namely catch insects in their talons and eat them on the wing.


No comments: