Wednesday 28 December 2016

Short Eared Owls at Tubney Fen

I'd been told by a F/friend that there were plenty of Short Eared Owls to see at Tubney Fen.   The mornings are the time when I get out and went to the Fen this morning.  It was much too cold for anything to be on the wing on this very frosty morning.   A later posting will show just how frosty it was!   I was able to return to the Fen this afternoon though when Owls were about.   The most interesting images were of two Owls in combat but I'm not sure what they were fighting about.   Using a combination of magnification I hadn't used before means there's plenty to learn and practise!   However, for a first attempt I was pleased.   These photographs show how well camouflaged the Owls are amongst reed beds - with the naked eye and from the sensor.

No comments: